Waikato Junior Championship sees Ace Results
Ace Swimming Club took to the water at St Peters Cambridge pool for the Waikato Junior Championships on the 23rd and 24th March.
The Hamilton swimming club, who based at Waterworld, had 14 athletes taking part. This included Monique Austin, Georgia Bruton, Orlando Hardie, Katie Haysom, Isaac Jeffrey, Lily Marlow, Madison Marlow, Hayley McIntyre, Oliver Mouat, Chloe Peters, Caitlin Wolmarans, Cooper Young and Diny Zhou.
The team delivered a great PB percentage of 64.4%. A whopping 69 PBs from 107 swims! There were just 5 DQs in the whole event for the Ace team.
Even more impressive was the 7 athletes who picked up 37 medals, 15 Gold, 13 Silver and 9 Bronze.
Monique Austin, Orlando Hardie, Sophie Hay and Hayley McIntyre can now name themselves Waikato Junior Champions have won gold medals in their respective events. Additional medal winners included Oliver Mouat, Chloe Peters and Georgia Bruton.
A special mention is deserved for Madison Marlow and Diny Zhou who managed a 100% PB rate over the course of the meet.
Also thanks to Coach Ashley Murphy for looking after the swimmers and to the team managers over the weekend.
Do you want to join one of Waikato’s fastest growing swimming clubs? Check out our training times here and see if you can be part of something special!!! #joinus
- Hayley McIntyre: 10 year girls (Gold 200 back, 100 free, 100 back, 50 back, 200 free & 100IM. Silver 50 free & 200 breast. Bronze 100 fly, 200 IM and the 12 & under 400 free).
- Orlando Hardie: 10 year boys (Gold 100 free, 200 IM, 50 free, 50 back, 200 free. Silver 50 breast, 200 breast. Bronze 100 IM).
- Monique Austin: 11 year girls (Gold 200 back, 400 IM. Silver 100 fly, 100 back, 50 fly, 50 back. Bronze 50 free, 100 IM).
- Sophie Hay: 11 year girls (Gold 200 breast, 12 & under 400 free. Bronze 100 breast, 200 free)
- Georgia Bruton: 11 year girls (Silver in the 12 & under 400 free).
- Chloe Peters: 11 year girls (Silver 200 free).
- Ollie Mouat: 12 year boys (Silver 50 breast, 100 fly, 50 fly. Bronze 100 breast).